Pages

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Get to know me: Liebster Awards



Hello everyone today's post is slightly different from the usual outfit updates.
I've been kindly nominated by the very sweet Eliza from Cramped Closets. I love the fact that this awards allows new bloggers to spread some love and allow the readers to get to know us a bit better. So thank you so much Eliza for considering and nominating me.

  1. What is your favourite quote? With quotes it's always difficult to choose as there are so many that can be nice and give you an instant mood lift, but one of the quotes I definitely love and follow is; "Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary? Does it improve upon the silence." I think with the busy environments that we live in and all the competitive industries that we all get into, sometimes people forget to be nice to each other and we can end up saying something that is more hurtful than we would think.
  2. You've been given an unlimited holiday spending allowance, only you are limited to just one country. Where do you go? I had to think about this one for a while as there are so many places I would like to visit. I did settle on Thailand though as it looks amazing and there is so much to see!
  3. Favourite online store? My favourite online store is definitely ASOS as the website is just amazing. I love the fact that they have like a video show for majority of the products. I've been ordering from them for ages now and they're very good in terms of everything. Even refunds and exchanges are always quick and easy. 
  4. What's your favourite season? Why? My favourite season is probably Winter. I just love the layering and the dark colours, the festive feelings and all that jazz. 
  5. If you could invite four people (dead or alive) to a dinner party, who would you invite? Definitely Audrey Hepburn as I'm obsessed with her, James Dean because who wouldn't want James Dean at a dinner party, Grace Kelly and Ulyana Sergeenko. Probably my favourite 4! 
  6. What would you serve at said dinner party? I'm actually not sure hahaa. Is it bad if I say Sushi?
  7. Where do you find Fashion inspiration? My main inspiration comes from old icons and pictures - I'm obsessed with the 30s - 60s era. A lot of movies I take inspiration from as well and definitely other Bloggers/Youtubers. Also I can spend forever on Pinterest so that's anothetr one!
  8. What product/s do you always have a backup of? I'm assuming this question is about make up products. I've only recently started being more experimental with my make up so there's not much I like enough to always go back to yet, but two products that I couldn't go a day without are the Rimmel London Glam'eyes liquid liner and the Loreal False Lash telescopic Mascara. I've been using those two religiously for the past two or three years. Ohh and two new additions that I looove are the Benefit Coralista blush and Hoola bronzer, absolutely beautiful products.
  9. Best film you've seen so far this year? Hmm I haven't seen anything so far that has blown me away, but one movie I watched again recently and that I love is 'Letter to Juliet'. It's such a sweet movie and it just makes me smile even though I'm not that much of a romantic movie lover.
  10. Which of your posts is your favourite or the one you're most proud of? One of the posts I always like to look back on is Rosy Contrast, when we were taking these pictures I was sooo shy and insecure and they were in such a public place that I just couldn't get comfortable at first. After I saw the pictures and posted the outfit I felt so much better and it turned out way better than I thought it would. When I look back at my posts, especially that one it's just really nice to see how much I've progressed since then.
  11. One piece of advice that you've been given that you've never forgotten? My mum always says to me that pure hearts are worth more than anything else in this world, because not everyone has one. So if you do have one, don't let anyone ruin it!


My questions for you:

  1. What are your top 5 make up products?
  2. What is the best advice you could give someone?
  3. 3 things you could never live without?
  4. What's on the top of your wishlist?
  5. You have 15 mins to get ready for a meeting, what is your safest outfit + make up?
  6. What made you start blogging?
  7. Where do you get most of your inspiration from?
  8. Favourite food?
  9. What is you dream career?
  10. Best part of blogging so far?
  11. What's your favourite era? Why? 
I nominate:

Stephanie & Whitney: http://www.ruleofthree.me/


And The Rules:
  • Thank and link the person who nominated you.
  • Answer the questions given by the nominator.
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers, link them.
  • Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Notify all nominees via social media or their blogs! 

Unfortunately I don't have more people to nominate so I nominate anyone else who would like to take part in this tag. Hope you enjoyed this post!

Thanks again Eliza for nominating me,

Shay

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers! I'd definitely want an invite to that dinner party haha xxx
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot lovely! Hahaa you would be more than welcome to join! xxx

    ReplyDelete

shaghaiegh.h@hotmail.co.uk